Week 12: User-Generated Content and Wikipedia
- Understand where Wikipedia information comes from
- Awareness of the issues surrounding Wikipedia, and the implications of its use
- Define and analyze personal responsibilities as Internet Citizens
Write 3-4 sentences to answer each of the following questions:
- Should Wikipedia remain a non-profit organization relying on user-generated content? Do you think this model works better than the traditional encyclopedia formats described by Daniel Pink in The Book Stops Here?
- Should students be allowed to cite Wikipedia as a source for school assignments?
- Both What's in a Category and The Book Stops Here discuss some of the political and philosophical issues that arise with crowd-sourced information creation. What are some of these issues?
- DUE by 11:59 on December 7