Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Library Media Resources Center
Before you print:
- Browse this list of 3D Printable Models Websites for inspiration and ideas.
- Download the STL file for your chosen model. Click on the link to take you to the site where the files are hosted, and you can download them absolutely free. Please note that some sites may require registration before you can download.
- Slice the STL file to prepare it for 3D printing. Whether you use an open source or a paid solution, slicing is a critical step for the quality of your model. Open the STL file and tinker with settings like infill, layer height, and supports.
- Save your file, either using a USB cable, an SD card, or a network connection. Now get printing!
3D Printable Models Websites
MyMiniFactory, which launched in 2013, is the world’s leading curated social platform for 3D printable objects. Think of us like the YouTube and Netflix for 3D printing.On MyMiniFactory, you can find tens of thousands of free and paid 3D designs ready for you to download.
Talented 3D designers from around the world create 3D printable objects in 3D design software. They upload their work to MyMiniFactory and after we check the files are 100% printable they make their way online for 3D printer owners to download.
Website of U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, National Institute of Health. A source to download, edit and share models of anatomy, bacteria and lab equipment.
Thingiverse is a community dedicated to sharing 3D designs.
Thingiverse has hundreds of user-submitted designs organized in categories and collections including Art, Gadgets, Learning, Tools and Fashion that are free to download.
The digital marketplace for 3D printing and design. Browse our different categories and download the best 3D printer models for free, open-source or paid mode, in .STL, .OBJ or .SCAD format, they are all 3D printable guaranteed. Cults 3D model repository acts as a real source of inspiration since the best designers share their best STL files daily to offer you their latest inventions!
A search engine for printable 3D models (only)
3D Print Sofware
To create your own designs you have quite a few different options in design software. All of the following programs are free for you to use to create 3D models.
- A web-based program for the beginner. Great for customizing 3D models or creating your very own.
- Blender is a powerful, free, open source tool for creating 3D animation and models for 3D printing.
- SketchUp Make
- A user-friendly tool used for creating and editing 3D designs. It is Ideal for novices and also comes in a paid Pro version.
- An ideal tool for creating solid 3D CAD models. Also great for models of machine parts.
LaGuardia Community College
31-10 Thomson Avenue, room E101
Long Island City, NY 11101
Email the Library