Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Library Media Resources Center
During this virtual meeting, LHI students will reflect on their classroom learning and lived experiences to advocate for food justice with Congress staff members. We will be meeting with:
- Ben Lebowitz is a legislative aide for Senator Gillibrand.
- Mitchell Lee is a legislative correspondent for Senator Gillibrand working on a portfolio covering agriculture & nutrition, energy, and environment issues.
- Brandon Ramsay is a Foreign Policy Legislative Correspondent in the Office of U.S. Senator Chris Coons where he covers the Middle East with a special focus on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, Sub-Saharan Africa, the Western Hemisphere, and veterans affairs. He received his M.A. in Security Studies at the Georgetown University Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service.
- Nathaniel Hezekiah, Deputy Chief of Staff, Congressman Gregory Meeks\
Advocacy opportunities at LaGuardia CARES. With the holiday season approaching soon, we want all our students to receive access to healthy nutritious food.
LaGuardia Humanitarian Initiative (LHI) is a collegewide Experiential Learning initiative at LaGuardia Community College that assists students to reflect on their classroom learning in partnership with organizations to develop projects supporting local and global communities. Students explore a global issue, receive invaluable civic engagement experience and opportunities that include, but not limited to, volunteering, internship, fundraising, designing focused tasks that strengthen both the mission of LaGuardia and the vision of the partnering organization(s).
UN Sustainable Development Goal 2:
End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition, and promote sustainable agriculture
United Nations Digital Library
Provides access to UN-produced materials in digital format free of charge.
* UN documents and open access publications
* UN voting data and speeches
* UN maps
* Content in 6+ languages
SDGs in Action App
Learn about the 17 SDGs, get news on your favourite goals, find out what you can do to achieve them, create your own events and invite others to join you in sustainable actions and events.
LHI is proud to partner with CARE for 2022-23
CARE works around the globe to save lives, defeat poverty and achieve social justice. They seek a world of hope, inclusion and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and all people live with dignity and security.
Get help with your research
Use Ask a Librarian to get research and citation assistance by online chat or email. Or come to the Library, Room E101, to meet with a librarian in-person for assistance.
A number of libraries have contacted us requesting to copy this guide and use it for their campuses or schools. Please incorporate these resources or copy the whole guide, you have our permission! We of course love to know how it's being used, but share the resources first, thank us later.
LaGuardia Community College
31-10 Thomson Avenue, room E101
Long Island City, NY 11101
Email the Library